Saturday 4 November 2017

java - I have created a date using SimpleDateFormat, how do I convert into a string?

newDate =(newDaysAdded+"/"+month+"/"+year);

SimpleDateFormat date = new SimpleDateFormat("dd/MM/yyyy");
try
{
Date newDateOne =
date.parse(newDate);



When
I
try:



view.writeToScreen(newDateOne);


I
get the error:



 Incompatible
types: Date cannot be converted to
String.



Here
is the writeToScreen method:



void
writeToScreen(String
s);


However from there
I can't turn into a string, I have tried:
String test =
Date.toString(newDateOne);




Can anyone
help?

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...