Tuesday 28 November 2017

How can I make a static field in Javascript





I have an object in Javascript like
this:



var Person = {name: "John",
age:37}



I
would like that the name will be statically accessible every time I make a new instance
of the class while the age will always be
new.



So for
example:



var per1 = new
Person();

Person.name = "Anton";
Person.age =
11;


per1.Name //Anton
per2.Name
//11

var per2 = new Person();

per1.age
//Anton
per2.age //37
????



Is
there a way to make it so that it works that way?



Answer




In order to make a propery static in
javascript you can use
prototype:



Person.prototype.name =
"Anton"



UPDATED:



You
might want to use it this
way:




var Person =
function(age){
this.age=age;
}
Person.prototype.name =
"Anton"
var per1 = new
Person(12);
console.log(per1);


No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...