Tuesday 28 November 2017

javascript - How can I tell the difference between a regular object and a jquery object (page element)?





// var = {hey: "baby"};
// or


// var = $('#thingy');

if(typeof var ==
'object'){ // this is true for both
=(
}


I need
my code to be smart enough to be able to tell the difference between these two. What's
the best way to accomplish that?


class="post-text" itemprop="text">
class="normal">Answer



You can
use the instanceof operator for
this.




obj instanceof
jQuery


In addition, I
don't think you want to use "var" as a variable name. It's reserved to establish
variable scope.


No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...