Thursday 2 November 2017

How do I escape a single quote in SQL Server?

itemprop="text">


I'm trying to
insert some text data into a table in SQL
Server
9.



The text includes a
single quote(').



How do I escape
that?



I tried using two single quotes, but it
threw me some errors.



eg. insert
into my_table values('hi, my name''s
tim.');



class="post-text" itemprop="text">
class="normal">Answer




Single quotes are escaped by
doubling them up
, just as you've shown us in your example. The following
SQL illustrates this functionality. I tested it on SQL Server
2008:



DECLARE @my_table TABLE
(
[value] VARCHAR(200)
)

INSERT INTO @my_table
VALUES ('hi, my name''s tim.')

SELECT * FROM
@my_table



Results



value
==================
hi,
my name's tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...