Sunday 5 November 2017

c - Why doesn't getchar() wait for me to press enter after scanf()?

I am learning C and I'm using "getchar()" to stop the
command windows so I can see the exercises am doing but it just doesn't work. heres a
sample:



#include


int main()
{
int
value;

printf("1. option 1.\n2. option 2.\n3. option 3.\n4.
Exit\n\nMake an option: ");
scanf("%d", &value);
switch
(value)
{
case 1:
printf("you selected the option
1.");
break;
case 2:
printf("you selected the option
2.");
break;

case 3:
printf("you selected
the option 3.");
break;
case 4:

printf("goodbye");
break;
default:
printf("thats not an
option");
break;
}

getchar();

return
0;
}


this is
the output:






  1. option 1.



  2. option 2.

  3. option 3.


  4. Exit.



Make
an option: 1



you selected the option
1.



Process returned 0 (0x0) execution time :
3.453 s




Press any key to
continue.




Why
doesn't it wait for the input of "getchar()"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...