Monday 23 October 2017

javascript - if variable contains












I
have a postcode variable and want to use JS to add a location into a different variable
when the postcode is changed/entered. So for example if ST6 is entered I would want
Stoke North to be entered.




I somehow
need to do an if statement to run through
e.g.



if(code contains
ST1)
{
location = stoke central;
}
else if(code
contains ST2)
{
location = stoke north;
}




etc...



How
would I go about this? It's not checking if 'code' equals a value but if it contains a
value, I think this is my problem.


class="post-text" itemprop="text">
class="normal">Answer



You might
want
indexOf



if
(code.indexOf("ST1") >= 0) { ... }
else if (code.indexOf("ST2") >= 0) {
... }



It
checks if contains is anywhere in the
string variable code. This requires
code to be a string. If you want this solution to be
case-insensitive you have to change the case to all the same with either
String.toLowerCase() or
String.toUpperCase().



You
could also work with a switch statement
like



switch (true) {

case (code.indexOf('ST1') >= 0):
document.write('code contains
"ST1"');
break;

case (code.indexOf('ST2') >=
0):
document.write('code contains "ST2"');
break;

case (code.indexOf('ST3') >= 0):
document.write('code contains
"ST3"');
break;
}​


No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...