Tuesday 31 October 2017

javascript - Is there any way to distinguish between an unset property and a property set to undefined?





Say I have the object testObject = {a:
undefined}
. If I then console.log(testObject.a), I
get undefined. But the same happens if I
console.log(testObject.b), which doesn't exist. Is there any
way in JavaScript to distinguish between a and
b here? I ask mostly out of curiosity, I have no use
case.



Answer




hasOwnProperty()
method returns a boolean indicating whether the object has the specified property as own
(not inherited) property.



In given case
-



 testObject = {a:
undefined};

testObject.hasOwnProperty('a')
//true

testObject.hasOwnProperty('b')
//false

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...