Tuesday 16 January 2018

scala - Fastest way to take elementwise sum of two Lists

I can do elementwise operation like sum using
Zipped function. Let I have two Lists
L1 and L2 as shown
below




val L1 =
List(1,2,3,4)
val L2 =
List(5,6,7,8)


I can
take element wise sum in following
way



(L1,L2).zipped.map(_+_)


and
result is




List(6, 8,
10, 12)


as
expected.



I am using
Zipped function in my actual code but it takes too much
time. In reality My List Size is more than 1000 and I have
more than 1000 Lists and my algorithm is iterative where
iterations could be up to one billion.



In code I have to do following
stuff




list =(
(L1,L2).zipped.map(_+_).map (_ * math.random) ,
L3).zipped.map(_+_)


size
of L1,L2 and
L3 is same. Moreover I have to execute my actual code on a
cluster.



What is the fastest way to take
elementwise sum of Lists in Scala?

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...