Monday 15 January 2018

java - Is the call to AndroidThreeTen.init() mandatory?

The href="https://github.com/JakeWharton/ThreeTenABP" rel="nofollow
noreferrer">ThreeTenABP README instructs users to isert a call to
AndroidThreeTen.init() into their application’s
onCreate() method. And yes, that’s the (supposedly faster)
Android adaptation of ThreeTenBP, not the original (fully portable)
ThreeTenBP.



However, if I omit the call, my app
seems to run fine and without any obvious errors. Is this method just there to speed up
things, anticipating a possibly lengthy initialization so it won’t slow you down on
first use (eager vs. lazy initialization)? Or do I risk getting incorrect results if I
don’t initialize ThreeTenABP properly?

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...