Saturday 13 January 2018

Android emulator shows nothing except black screen and adb devices shows "device offline"

I am just trying to start development in Android.

So, the problem is that when I try to launch an emulator by issuing the
command emulator @A2 , an emulator comes up on the screen.
But even after waiting for as long as 2-3 hrs, all it shows is a black screen. Not even
the android home screen or the android logo. Just a black screen. And while initially
"adb devices" shows the emulator as offline.after 2-3 minutes the list of attached
devices becomes blank.



I searched all over net
and tried all the steps mentioned there like kill and restart adb, install java/android
in a directory without spaces, but to no
avail.



My Jdk and Android installations are in
following
folders:



C:\Java32BitInstallation

C:\AndroidSdkInstallation

Here's the list of stuff I have downloaded/installed for
it:




  1. Android SDK Tools,
    revision 13

  2. Android SDK platforms tools, revision
    10

  3. SDK platform Android 4.0.3, API 15, revsion
    1

  4. Jdk
    jdk-7u3-windows-i586




In
my path variable, I have added
*C:\AndroidSdkInstallation\android-sdk\platform-tools\;C:\AndroidSdkInstallation\android-sdk\tools\;C:\Java32BitInstallation\;C:\Java32BitInstallation\bin*



Also
after reading somewhere from net I have added JAVA_HOME variable with its value as
C:\Java32BitInstallation\ But still no use.



I
have both IntelliJ and Eclipse installed on my system. But since for starting the
emulator, I am not using any of these, I dont suspect any foulplay with
these.



So, can anyone please help me with this
stuff that's driving me crazy. I am trying for past 10-12 days and have not been able to
start the emulator, let alone write my first "Hello world"
program.



Additional notes:
My system
is a windows 7 (64 bit) machine. Earlier I had installed 64 bit version of jdk, but the
problem was present that time too. Now after searcching on internet, I uninstalled that
and installed 32 bit version of Java. But, again no use. One thing, though, this 32 bit
version of java (jdk 7 update 3), first install jre as part of jdk installation and then
installs jre 7 . So now I have 2 folders: jre and jre7 in the C:\Java32BitInstallation
directory. Could this have to do anthing with my emulator not turning up. Do I need to
specify aditional environmetal variables or modify the existing one? Kindly
help.




BTW, did I mention the logcat
shows nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...