Sunday 22 December 2019

python - Getting the index of the returned max or min item using max()/min() on a list



I'm using Python's max and min functions on lists for a minimax algorithm, and I need the index of the value returned by max() or min(). In other words, I need to know which move produced the max (at a first player's turn) or min (second player) value.



for i in range(9):
newBoard = currentBoard.newBoardWithMove([i / 3, i % 3], player)

if newBoard:

temp = minMax(newBoard, depth + 1, not isMinLevel)
values.append(temp)

if isMinLevel:
return min(values)
else:
return max(values)


I need to be able to return the actual index of the min or max value, not just the value.



Answer




if isMinLevel:
return values.index(min(values))
else:
return values.index(max(values))

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...