Saturday 28 December 2019

.net - How to loop through all enum values in C#?






This question already has an answer here:
How do I enumerate an enum in C#? 26 answers






public enum Foos

{
A,
B,
C
}


Is there a way to loop through the possible values of Foos?



Basically?




foreach(Foo in Foos)

Answer



Yes you can use the ‍GetValue‍‍‍s method:



var values = Enum.GetValues(typeof(Foos));


Or the typed version:




var values = Enum.GetValues(typeof(Foos)).Cast();


I long ago added a helper function to my private library for just such an occasion:



public static class EnumUtil {
public static IEnumerable GetValues() {
return Enum.GetValues(typeof(T)).Cast();
}

}


Usage:



var values = EnumUtil.GetValues();

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...