Thursday 26 December 2019

plot explanation - What caused and ended the time loop in Groundhog Day? - Movies & TV



I've always wondered what caused the Time Loop experienced by Phil Connors in Groundhog Day, as well as what ended it, but I don't recall it being discussed in the movie.



What was the cause for the time loop featured in Groundhog Day, and why did it end?


Answer



According to this review answering such questions in the movie itself would have "ruined" it. The original script contained an explanation of the start of the time loop - a voodoo spell - but that was considered a poor idea.




So, I wonder if there is a conclusive answer to your question. It was deliberately left out by Harold Ramis. We are left speculating about it (maybe even encouraged to do so) and I think that is one of the reasons why this movie has had so much impact.


No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...