Monday 25 November 2019

email - Outlook 2010 VBA save attachments for certain date

I am trying to modify a macro to save all attachemnts from emails that arrived today. The problem is that I do not know how to reference the date property of an email object in Outlook VBA.



How can I do this and more importantly how can I find out how to reference objects on my own next time? I am not finding much reference material for the outlook object model.



my existing code is below:



Sub GetAllAttachments() 'Exports and saves all attachements in the inbox


Dim ns As NameSpace
Dim Inbox As MAPIFolder
Dim Item As Object
Dim Atmt As Attachment
Dim FileName As String
Dim i As Integer

Today = Format(Now(), "yyyy MM dd")

Set ns = GetNamespace("MAPI")

Set Inbox = ns.Folders("Secondary")
Set Inbox = Inbox.Folders("Inbox")

i = 0

If Inbox.Items.Count = 0 Then
MsgBox "There are no messages in the Inbox.", vbInformation, _
"Nothing Found"
Exit Sub
End If


For Each Item In Inbox.Items
If EMAIL_DATE = Today Then
For Each Atmt In Item.Attachments
FileName = "C:\Email Attachments\" & Atmt.FileName
Atmt.SaveAsFile FileName
i = i + 1
End If
Next Atmt
Next Item


End Sub

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...