Tuesday 22 October 2019

php - MySql query: Unknown column in 'where clause'

I have a simple select statement with a where clause on my php file like so:



$con=mysqli_connect("hostname", "user", "pw", "db");    
if (mysqli_connect_errno($con))

{
echo "Failed to connect to mySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error();
}
$getTitle = mysqli_query($con, "SELECT title FROM tblTitle WHERE category='" .$col."'") or die("ERROR: ". mysqli_error($con));


I've changed my code as suggested and added the quotation mark on my variable but now I'm getting an internal server error at the $getTitle line. Am I doing something wrong here? I can't print the error so I can't point out what's going on.



UPDATE: As suggested, I've used var dump on $getTitle and here's the message I got.




object(mysqli_result)#5 (5) { ["current_field"]=> int(0) ["field_count"]=> int(1) ["lengths"]=> NULL ["num_rows"]=> int(1) ["type"]=> int(0) }

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...