Monday 7 October 2019

mysql - PHP is messing with the letters ä, ö, ü etc












So I saved some data in a mysql database and its stored there with "umlauts".
When I'm speaking of umlauts I mean these German letters: ö, ä, ü and their capitalized pendants.



So now I execute a query via PHP, something like this:



$query = "SELECT * FROM tcms_references WHERE id =".$row->id;
$erg = mysql_query($query);
$rowt = mysql_fetch_object($erg);
foreach($row as $x) {
echo $x

}


Now, there is no German word like "Baumfällung" saved in my database. The PHP query is executed and presented on the screen as "Baumfällung".



My question: Where can I set UFT-8 as a Standart in PHP? Is there any function or something?


Answer



You need to set mysql connection to utf8



mysql_query ('SET NAMES UTF8;');

mysql_query ('SET COLLATION_CONNECTION=utf8_general_ci;');
mysql_client_encoding($conn);// where $conn is your connection


save page as utf8 and also put this in head of page





No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...