Friday 4 October 2019

javascript - How can I select an element by name with jQuery?




Have a table column I'm trying to expand and hide:



jQuery seems to hide the td elements when I select it by class but not by element's name.



For example, why does:



$(".bold").hide(); // selecting by class works
$("tcol1").hide(); // select by element name does not work



Note the HTML below, the second column has the same name for all rows. How could I create this collection using the name attribute?



    
data1
data2


data1
data2



data1
data2


Answer



You can use the jQuery attribute selector:



$('td[name ="tcol1"]')   // matches exactly 'tcol1'

$('td[name^="tcol"]' ) // matches those that begin with 'tcol'
$('td[name$="tcol"]' ) // matches those that end with 'tcol'
$('td[name*="tcol"]' ) // matches those that contain 'tcol'

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...