Thursday 19 September 2019

math - Float sum with javascript











I'm calculating the sum of several float values using javascript and... I've noticed a strange thing never seen before. Executing this code:



parseFloat('2.3') + parseFloat('2.4')


I obtain 4.699999999999999




So... what sould I do to obtain a correct value? (supposed that this is incorrect...)


Answer



Once you read what What Every Computer Scientist Should Know About Floating-Point Arithmetic you could use the .toFixed() function:



var result = parseFloat('2.3') + parseFloat('2.4');
alert(result.toFixed(2));​

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...