Saturday 6 July 2019

java - Can sonar catch null pointer exceptions caused by JVM Dynamically

I would like to ask can sonar find null pointer exception caused by java virtual machine at run time?? if yes please tell me which sonar rule do it for us. I am very much puzzled with it as there are some rules exist in sonar findbugs profile which say sonar catch null pointer exception.

One of findbugs rule Avoid Throwing Null Pointer Exception say we should avoid throwing null pointer exception.



please clarify me on that can sonar catch null pointer exception or not threw by JVM?? OR it can catch only customized null pointer exception(generated by developer) and what these sonar rules meant for(null pointer exception, null pointer dereference etc.)



please guide me to understand the real picture of these sonar rules.



Thanks in advance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...