Sunday 2 June 2019

php - How to echo element of associative array in string?



I know It's a very basic question but I have to ask.



I have an associative array let's say it is:




 $couple = array('husband' => 'Brad', 'wife' => 'Angelina'); 


Now, I want to print husband name in a string. There are so many ways but i want to do this way but it gives html error



$string = "$couple[\'husband\'] : $couple[\'wife\'] is my wife.";


Please correct me if I'm using a wrong syntax for backslash.


Answer




Your syntax is correct.



But, still you can prefer single quotes versus double quotes.



Because, double quotes are a bit slower due to variable interpolation.



(variables within double quotes are parsed, not the case for single quotes.)



A more optimized and cleaned version of your code:




$string = $couple['husband'] .' : ' . $couple['wife'] .' is my wife.';

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...