Thursday 20 June 2019

I updated java and eclipse does not work



I updated my JRE today 23.06.2012, and after that eclipse will no longer start. When I double click to start up eclipse the splash screen appears like a camera flash and then nothing happens.




Any ideas as to how to fix this?


Answer



This is what worked for me:
Remove the lines:



-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5


Add these two lines:




-vm
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_03\bin\javaw.exe


Edit the path to match your installation.
The ini file is generally present at $ECLIPSE_HOME/eclipse.ini
Eclipse ini file



Note: You'll need to change windows security settings to get access. I recommend you don't edit this type of file in notepad (use notepad++). Backup the file before you edit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...