Monday 3 June 2019

Excel 2003 Spreadsheet Object Disappears in Excel 2007

I've inherited an old Excel 2003 application, and need to convert it so that it works in Excel 2007. The application makes use of a spreadsheet as a "popup" inside the application for doing volume calculations. In Excel 2003, this works as expected. In Excel 2007, VBA complains with an "Object Required" error.




Browsing through the Object Browser, Excel 2003 lists "VolSheet" as a Spreadsheet object. Excel 2007 can't find it at all. Excel 2007 does list "VolSheet" as a Shape if you loop through all shapes (ActiveSheet.Shapes), however.



My question is: Is there a way to force Excel 2007 to recognize VolSheet as a spreadsheet? Would I have to Dim it somewhere and find a way to convert the Shape reference to a spreadsheet? Can I trick Excel 2007 into recognizing that it does in fact already exist inside one of the Worksheets?

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...