Thursday 6 June 2019

cllocationmanager - ios background location services arrow disappears when not moving

I built this app which is tracking the users position even when running in background. I use the CLLocationManagers method




startUpdatingLocation


I set the CLLocationManager to



desiredAccuracy=kCLLocationAccuracyNearestTenMeters
distanceFilter=250



Everything works fine in foreground and in background. But when I don't move the device for a longer period (hours) I can see that the location arrow disappears. When I switch back to my app I can see that the arrow comes back immediately and that the app did NOT crash. Is this a "feature" of the LocationManager I don't know? Did the LocationManager went into some kind of "standby"? This should NOT be an issue with the app running not in foreground since I can travel with it for an hour and it gives me a perfect track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...