Sunday 6 January 2019

c++ - Compare two binary numbers and get the different bits


Possible Duplicate:
Best algorithm to count the number of set bits in a 32-bit integer?







I want to write a program to get the number of 1's bit in comparing two numbers.if I compare the bits between any two numbers
to find where the binary numbers are different in the 1's and 0's.
in other words Exclusive OR (XOR) relationship.



like if 22 (which has 10110 binary)and compare it with 15 (which has 01111 binary)




the first one 10110



the second one 01111



the result 11001



and the answer would be 25 but what I want to get is 3 where there is three 1's and 0's that are different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...