Saturday 24 August 2019

javascript: pass return value in callback function




Please help me understand this:



I have an object self.domainSettings() which has a save method. The save returns the result which I want to use in callback function to populate success or error message. I am using following code:



self.domainSettings().save(function(data){
console.log('in here');
console.log(data);
console.log('outta here');
}());


function save(){
return 'success';
};


When I do console.log(data) is it guaranteed that the save has finished executing ? Also it says data is undefined because the return value of save is not getting passed to callback function I guess. How do I get that ?


Answer



You have to pass callback in save() in order to access the result from a callback.




function save(fn){
return fn('success');
};

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...