Wednesday 5 December 2018

mysql - Bengali-language text not displayed in Unicode CSV file

I have an Excel file in the Bengali language. To display the Bengali text properly I need Bengali fonts installed on the PC.



I converted the Excel file into CSV using Office 2010. But it only shows '?' marks instead of the Bengali characters. Then I used the Google Docs for the conversion, with the same problem, but with unreadable characters rather than '?'s. I pasted extracts from that file in an HTML file and tried to view it in my browser unsuccesfully.




What should I do to get a CSV file from an .xlsx file in Bengali so that I can import that into a MySQL database?



Edit: The answer accepted in this SO question made me go to Google Docs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...