Friday 3 August 2018

Negative matching using grep (match lines that do not contain foo)



I have been trying to work out the syntax for this command:



grep ! error_log | find /home/foo/public_html/ -mmin -60



or



grep '[^error_log]' | find /home/baumerf/public_html/ -mmin -60


I need to see all files that have been modified except for those named error_log.



I've read about it here, but only found one not-regex pattern.


Answer



grep -v is your friend:




grep --help | grep invert  



-v, --invert-match select non-matching lines




Also check out the related -L (the complement of -l).





-L, --files-without-match only print FILE names containing no match



No comments:

Post a Comment

php - file_get_contents shows unexpected output while reading a file

I want to output an inline jpg image as a base64 encoded string, however when I do this : $contents = file_get_contents($filename); print &q...